Have your relationships lost their spark?
Are you off track and feeling lost?
Are you Simply going through the motions of your life?
I can help.
There's a significant difference between being the expert in someone's life and being an expert in helping people become their own expert. My goal is to help you recognize your own expertise.
When choosing a therapist to help you overcome things like addiction, PTSD, depression, and other difficulties, it's important to find the right fit. I am a licensed professional counselor (LPC) and have served the Denver, Colorado, area for over 16 years. I will help you with a compassionate approach, drawing on my years of experience and training.
Aside from being a licensed professional counselor, I am a Master Addiction Counselor and a National Certified Counselor. I am trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and a trained Parenting the Love and Logic Way® facilitator. I am a co-author of the book Animal-assisted Brief Therapy: A Solution-Focused Approach, which centers on Solution-Focused Brief Therapy.
My practice is rooted in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, which approaches counseling from the perspective that it’s more important to analyze solutions than to focus on problems. I use this counseling approach with groups and organizations as well, and ask clients to explore what is already working. I have presented on numerous topics at the annual Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Association’s international conferences.
My local and international presentations and co-presentations include:
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy in a Pastoral Context - Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Association, November 2017
- Soul-utions: Spirituality in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy - Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Association, November 2015
- Higher Hopes - Mile Hi Church, October 2015
- Abundance & Prosperity in Recovery - Heart Mind Spirit Recovery Weekend - Breckenridge, September 2015
- Applying SFBT to Your Work with LGBTQ Clients - SFBT International Clinical Applications Online Conference, September 2015
- Being an LGBTQ Ally - Wonder Women 2015 Colorado Women's Health Conference, Breckenridge, June 2015
- Substance Abuse/Misuse:Exploring What Works - Wonder Women Colorado Women's Health Conference, Breckenridge, June 2015
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy with LGBTQ Clients - Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Association, November 2014
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy with LGBTQ clients - American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, October 2014
- Releasing the Inner-Critic - Hey Denver, September & October 2014
- Moving Beyond Addiction: Creating a magical life without the use of substances - Gender Identity Center, February 2014
- HOPE: Crafting a life worth living - Mile Hi Church, January 2014
- Creating Solutions with Service Members and Their Families - Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Association, November 2013
- Working with Military and Their Families - Denver Family Institute
- Trauma Queen: A Gay Man's Journey Through Trauma - Denver Element
- Creating Miracles in Relationships - Mile Hi Church
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy: An overview - Kaiser Permanente
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SBFT) techniques are based on the idea that even when serious problems are occurring, you can find some successes at least some of the time. We all have the wisdom to generate our own solutions, but sometimes we forget just how smart we are. During therapy sessions, we will consider thought- provoking questions to help you remember your own wisdom as well as your past solutions.
Because I am a licensed professional counselor, I do not prescribe medications. However, I can work with your prescribing physician or psychiatrist. If you are in need of a licensed professional counselor who cares about your needs, call my Denver, Colorado, office at 303-388-9749.
50 S. Steele St. #930 Denver, CO 80209
Proudly powered by Weebly